Explore Cynik Universe

Commissioned Art Urthlings Comic Vixens Observations Grumblings Sketch Book

THE OBSERVATORY - ENTRY # 066: LEGEND


by MRAM
October 9, 2010



On this day. John Winston Lennon was born.



Who knew that this young boy from Liverpool, England would be such an inspiration to so many people?



His music still plays all over the world and his influence is still felt by everyone young and old.



I was so inspired by his work that I taught myself how to play several musical instruments, just so I can play his songs. Heck, if I had dedicated myself to my homework and studies as I did learning those instruments, I probably would have been valedictorian of my high school.


How come the good are always taken from us early and the bad seem to stay with us forever?



The following is a piece that a BEATLES fan wrote a few years ago. These words really stuck with me:





"There was a man who wrote about peace and love.



You may remember him and he may be one of your heroes.



Well, he was certainly one of mine.



But, not by what he said. It's because he had the guts to say it.



More importantly, he worked hard to become a citizen in these United States where he had the freedom to say what he wanted to say.



You know it all seems a bit ironic now, but that same man who believed so much in peace and non-violence, was so brutally murdered outside his own home.



It's all senseless really.



It seems that we kill off our heroes and we let the evils of the world carry on.



I'm not a bloody genius over here, but I think we got things the wrong way around."



The illustration above was made to honor what would have been John's 70th birthday. I will always see him as an inspiration, an artist, a poet and a legend.



John Winston Ono Lennon

October 9, 1940 - December 8, 1980

0 comments: