Explore Cynik Universe

Commissioned Art Urthlings Comic Vixens Observations Grumblings Sketch Book

THE OBSERVATORY - ENTRY # 068: ESCAPE


by MRAM
October 24, 2010


With all the problems going on in the world today and the different levels of stress that each of us have to endure everyday, we all have our ways of 'escaping reality', so to speak.

It could be anything really. Just something to help break the monotony. It may be a simple walk in the park or a game of pick-up basketball. Unfortunately, it may also be something darker like substance abuse.

I'm not here to preach or say what you should or shouldn't do. I m just pointing out the fact that we all have our means of getting away from it all.

My drugs of choice are my childhood memories.

When things get so tough and overwhelming for me, I try to think of how it was when I was a kid and thought that there was nothing that could hold me back. I miss that youthful confidence.

But, was it really confidence or just the fact that I didn't know any better? ;)
Those memories are my escape.
I think that's why I hang on to certain things. Toys, old records, etc. Stuff that made really happy when I was a kid. I really feel that if I let those material objects go, I will lose my grip on an 'out'. In other words, my 'weapon' against stress.
Which brings me to my current problem...

I thought that I would have my costume ready for this year's Halloween festivities, but priorities usually trump everything else. That and the proverbial financial woes! (blah)

Anyway, I wanted to be an Imperial Stormtrooper or Sandtrooper and the pics above are what the suits look like so far including accessories. Not done, but almost there.
It would have been cool. But like I said, there's always next year, right?
Just gotta suck it up and keep motoring. No problem.
Sure, it would have been pretty nifty AND geeky at the same time, but...
...it was an escape. =)



0 comments: